As Clark W. Griswold sentimentally told his son Rusty in the classic beer scene from National Lampoon’s Family Vacation, “When I was your age, my dad shared a beer with me, and I thought it was the best thing in the world.”
Dads and beer, beer and dads, they go together like peas and carrots. Sometimes beer is more than just a drink. Maybe it represents a special moment shared between you and your father, or perhaps it sparks a memory about who he is and what he enjoys. One thing is for sure, Dad loves beer (almost as much as he loves you). So what should you get dear old Dad for Father’s Day this year? Beer! What’s better than beer? Craft Beer!
This year, don’t just give him a 12-pack of his favorite craft beer. Give him something even better, the experience of brewing his own with one of our premium home brewing kits. It’s a perfect gift for the Dad who loves to brew (and drink!) or for the Dad who’s interested in taking his interest in craft beer to the next level. An added bonus, you get an opportunity to create a “beer moment” with the man that taught you how to appreciate a cold one.
If you’re a father and would like to receive a home brewing kit in lieu of a tie this year, we’ve provided some helpful suggestions on how to drop subtle hints to the members of your family…
- Casually mention (repeatedly) how much you would like to start brewing your own craft beer.
- Set your internet start up page on the family computer to the Craft A Brew home page.
- Share this article with your wife or children on Facebook and invite them to “like” Craft-A-Brew’s Facebook page.
- When discussing finances, throw in that you can cut costs by brewing your own beer. (It’s the fiscally responsible thing to do.)
- Tell your kids that a great bonding moment would be brewing beer together. (We’re sure they will agree.)
Do you have your own “Clark W. Griswold beer moment” with your Dad? Comment below and share your story with us for a chance to win a homebrew kit and accessories for dad! Then, like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter for more chances to win.
Craft A Brew Owner Kyle Westfall and his Wonderful Dad