Our Hot Sauce Kit includes ingredients to make FOUR bottles of hot sauce. That’s 2x 5 oz bottles of Mild Citrus Hot Sauce and 2x 5 oz bottles of Hot & Smokey Sauce.
You’ll need a cup of apple cider vinegar, 1 ⅓ cups of distilled white vinegar and the juice of 2 limes.
You certainly can! Feel free to add other ingredients to customize your sauces. Our instructions will ask you to add citrus or vinegar for certain styles, which you can get creative with. Here are some ideas:
- Use an alternative vinegar where instructed. Think rice vinegar, malt vinegar, red wine vinegar, etc. Just make sure it has at least 5% acidity.
- Sub orange, lemon or pineapple juice instead of lime juice (in the Mild Citrus hot sauce).
- Add some sweetness with honey, agave maple syrup or sugar. Incorporate fruit, like peach or mango, to the Hot & Smokey sauce.
- Sprinkle in some peanut butter (or PB2 peanut butter powder) to the Mild Citrus hot sauce.
- Experiment with your spice cabinet & try adding curry powder, cilantro, mustard powder, garlic, truffle oil, you name it!
We recommend enjoying your homemade hot sauce in the fridge and enjoying it within 6 months for the freshest flavors and most vibrant colors.
If you’re still stumped or don’t see your question answered above - email us at [email protected]. Don’t dump anything until we’ve connected. Including photos in your email will help us help you more efficiently.