Hack your next batch of hot sauce with these recipe variation ideas:
- Use an alternative vinegar, like rice vinegar, malt vinegar, red wine vinegar, etc. Just make sure it has at least 5% acidity.
- Sub orange, lemon or pineapple juice instead of lime juice (in the Mild Citrus hot sauce).
- Add some sweetness with honey, agave maple syrup or sugar.
- Incorporate fruit, like peach or mango, to the Hot & Smokey sauce.
- Sprinkle in some peanut butter (or PB2 peanut butter powder) to the Mild Citrus hot sauce.
- Experiment with your spice cabinet & try adding curry powder, cilantro, mustard powder, garlic, truffle oil, you name it!
Already have a Hot Sauce Making Kit & looking for a refill? Shop our Hot Sauce Recipe Kit HERE.